The Day I lost one of my best friends

July 13, 2024

When I landed in PDX on 7/12/2024, and turned my phone on, I received 2 text messages. One from my dad asking what time he'd expect to see me this week after my race, then a second text to call my husband immediately upon landing. That urgent message was from Steven my husband, to tell me my dad died this morning, while I was on my flight.  

It doesn't seem real. To lose one of my very best friends in the entire world. 

I'm planning to run my half marathon on Sunday. My dad died doing what he loved and he would encourage me to continue doing what I love. 

 It doesn't feel real. Not one bit. To know I was so close to him, yet not close enough. 

Go hug your dad or call him if you can. 

This is my absolute favorite Pic of the two of us. October 2018 getting ready for my brother's wedding.